Tetrodotoxin (TTX) is a powerful neurotoxin, which is tolerance to heat, salt and cooking .Minimum lethal dose for human is about 0.5mg/60 kg of body weight, The toxicity is 1000 times great than the sodium cyanide. Every year many people are ill due to improper eating or eating puffer fish. Therefore, it is significance to accurate detection of tetrodotoxin in puffer fish in order to prevention and control of tetrodotoxin poisoning . The detection method is sensitive, fast, simple and specific, only need a small amount of fish sampling.
The REAGEN™ Tetrodotoxin indirect competitive ELISA is an immunoassay for the quantitative and sensitive detection of Tetrodotoxin in water samples and puffer fish samples . Antigen is coated in test wells ,The sample extract and calibrators are pipetted into the test wells followed by TTX monoclone antibody into the test wells to initiate the reaction. After this 90 minutes incubation the wells are washed with wash solution. Then add enzymes labeled anti-mouse IgG antibody, incubation, then adding the color solution, terminate the reaction by the stop solutions, measured the amount of color in each well with a microplate reader at OD 450nm The color of the unknown samples is compared to the color of the calibrators and the TTX concentration of the samples is derived.
Kit Contents, Storage and Shelf Life
The REAGEN™ Tetrodotoxin ELISA kit in its original packaging can be used until the end of the month indicated on the box label when stored at 2- 8ºC.
1. Plate containing 12 test strips of 8 wells each vacuum-packed in aluminized pouch with indicating dessicant.
2. 5 vials each containing 0.6 mL of TTX calibrators corresponding to 0, 10, 30, 90 and 270 ppb.
3. 1 vial containing 6 mL of TTX antibody Solution.
4. 1 vial containing 11 mL of enzyme conjugate Solution,
5. 1 vial containing 11 mL of colour solution.
6. 1 vial containing 6 mL of Stop Solution. (Caution! 1N H2SO4. Handle with care.)
7. 1 vial containing 30 mL of Wash Solution concentrate 10X (PBST). Needs to be diluted prior to use.